This is a solo.
There will be juggling inside.
There is no real beginning. We will simply begin by talking about Erik Åberg's definition of juggling, in an attempt to "dwell" [Vincent Focquet] with the audience.
After that, the material is organized to move further and further away from this definition, down to the ultimate essence of juggling: a jellyfish.
Sticks, rings, balls. Feathers, ice creams, pinwheels, badminton rackets.
Then catapults, vikings, soldiers, butterflies, chains.
Some other things nobody really knows where they are coming from.
As every good juggling solo, we will end with a dramatic death.
And then we will continue.
Ironic, technical, original.
A "Folk Circus" [Jay Gilligan] style abstract collage of juggling explorations, shapes, colors, costumes, texts, video projections, sounds, electronic music and silence. And jokes. Lots of jokes. But nevertheless, very few laughs.
All presented in a situation of "hyper-proximity" with the public, implanted in the space that welcomes it.
Trying to write circus starting from it.
Creating with a "suprematist" [Kazimir Malevich] dramaturgical method based on the concept of "sensitivity" [Sebastian Kann], and probably failing.
The result of years of trying to be a better juggler, and always failing.
I fail a lot. In life.
In general, I mean.
But this is not about failing. This is not about my life.
Hopefully, it will not be about volleyball either.
We will try to let the juggling decides what this is all about,
treating the technicality as generator of "new shapes", and not "familiar signs" [Sebastian Kann].
Those were the objectives.
Did we achieve all of this?
Juggling: Carlo Cerato
Sound: Carlo Cerato
Help 1: Federica Peirone
Help 2: Cyrille Roussial
Help 3: Fabrizio Rosselli (in discussion)
Help 4: James Acaster (in my dreams)
Help 5, 6, 7...: not found yet
Administration, production, diffusion: Collectif stp
- July 2019: "LE CONTRAIRE DE VOLLEYBALL" is presented as an exit solo from CNAC
- August 2020, from 3 until 14: residency in Espace Catastrophe // Centre International de Création des Arts du Cirque (BE)
- 1 October 2020: LLABYELLOV for the evening "Piste partagée #1", Cirque Jules Verne, in Amiens (FR)
- January 2021, from 28 to 31: LLABYELLOV at 42eme Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demain (postponed)
- May, from 24 to 30: residency at Officine Caos // Officine per lo Spettacolo e l'Arte Contemporanea (IT)
- June, from 20 to 30: outdoor residency with Teatri di Vita (IT)
- November, from 22 to 10: EX-Perimentations #30 at UP - Circus & Performing Arts (BE)
- December, from 19 to 23: residency at the Progetto Slip space (IT)
- January, 24-31: LLABYELLOV at the 42eme Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demain (postponed)
- April, from 4 to 16: residency at Scuola di Cirko Vertigo (IT)
- April, from the 20 to the 23: rehearsals and work in progress at Officine Caos // Officine per lo Spettacolo e l'Arte Contemporanea (IT)
- April, from 25 to 13 may: residency with the 3 Résidences³ call [3 consecutive weeks @Wolubilis @Archipel 19 @UP] (BE)
- May, from 19 to 22: work in progress at NICE Festival (IT)
- June, from 6 to 19: residency at Settimo Cielo Roma - Teatro La Fenice (IT)
- July, 15-22 + 17-24 august: residency with Bando Cura, at Associazione Ideagorà (IT)
- July, 22-23: work in progress at Festival Ruggito delle Pulci (IT) (postponed)
- August 24 : work in progress at Festival Mirabilia (IT)
- October, 10-21 : residency + work in progress + atelier with Circusnext (FR)
- December, 7-21 : residency + atelier with Bando Cura, at Settimo Cielo Roma - Teatro La Fenice (IT)
- Spring: residency with Bando Cura, at Teatri di Vita (IT)
- Octobre : italian première at Scuola di Cirko Vertigo (IT)